Stan Inman is the facility manager for the Student Services Building. Today I finally got to meet with him and we discussed the importance of this project. He agreed and said that he is always excited to find ways to improve this building and our services here. I was hoping he would already have answers to some of my questions, such as are there building codes requiring a number of gender-specific restrooms and what sort of costs would we need to look at? Unfortunately he didn't have these sorts of answers. What I did find out was some of the next people we need to contact. This includes the Campus Design and Planning Office.
Project Facilitator:
Missy Tolley
801-581-3134
Stan also informed me that we are currently in the process of reviewing Capital Facilities and Remodeling requests.
This is basically the time to send in proposals to spend money to remodel a facility. Stan suggested that we argue that creating a gender-neutral restroom would increase equity and our ability to serve trans and gender nonconforming students and staff.
No comments:
Post a Comment